Acute and Chronic Illnesses
Unfortunately in spite of our best efforts, we all still get sick. Luckily Prima Pediatrics is here for you. Anything from a cough, sore throat or runny nose to bumps, bruises and broken bones, tummy aches, fevers, migraines and everything in between – Prima will help you get back to feeling great. We often have same-day appointments available and will try to fit you in as quickly as possible. With our decades of experience we know the best specialists for our pediatric patients and we will provide you with timely referrals according to your needs.
Our providers have a great interest in helping you manage your more chronic illnesses as well. Whether they are as simple as seasonal allergies or more complicated like asthma, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy or even cancer, Prima will be by your side helping manage your medications and coordinating your specialist visits.
Special Needs Specialties
Our providers have decades of experience managing the needs of patients that require extra attention. Dr. Feldman completed a Neuropathology fellowship at UCLA, with further advanced training in Pediatric Neuropathology at CHLA. Together our providers can safely help you navigate the special needs of your children.
Our providers are experts at diagnosing, treating and managing patients with many varying genetic disorders including Down Syndrome. At Prima certain days are designated as a clinic for patients with Mitochondrial diseases. We are also experienced in diagnosing and managing Autism spectrum disorders, ADHD and other attention deficit and behavioral disorders. Dr. Feldman also completed a Pediatric Residency and Neonatology fellowship programs at UCLA equipping her with the expertise to manage pre-term infants in even the most difficult circumstances.
Our youngest patients are some of our favorites. Ensure your precious newborn gets the best care from day one. Your newborn exam may include:
- Growth chart monitoring (to ensure adequate feeding)
- Newborn labs when necessary (Biliruben, CBC, etc.)
- Newborn immunizations (Hep B)
- New patient intake with complete birth history, family medical history and social history
- Questions and answers about feeding, circumcision, sleep habits, safety and other educational topics for the future of your child
- Thorough Physical Exam including testing infant reflexes, joint/bone structure, abdomen/GI, HEENT, and more
Our providers have extensive education and experience in managing the most severe pre-term infant cases. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any needs you might have for your new baby.
Infant and Toddler Check-ups
Our little ones need extra care as they grow and develop during these first crucial years that will set the tone for their health for the rest of their lives. Our visit schedule coincides with the recommended immunization schedule for your child’s age. Your visits may also include:
- Growth chart monitoring
- Hearing and sight screening
- Milestone monitoring (gross/fine motor skills, speech, developmental)
- Immunizations appropriate for age as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Early screenings for autism spectrum disorders and other developmental delays
- Feeding advice and dietary recommendations based on age and growth
- Comprehensive physical exams of all body systems
- Questions and answers on any topics you may be concerned about from behaviors, potty training, feeding, and more.
Annual Well-Child Exams
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends at least a yearly visit to the doctor’s office for regular check-ups. These exams are important to ensure early intervention with any problems or challenges your child my be facing. These exams may include:
- Growth chart monitoring
- Hearing and vision screening
- Early intervention for common problems (asthma, allergy screening, ADHD, Autism spectrum and other developmental disorders)
- Behavior screening
- Appropriate immunizations for your child’s age (including the newest recommendations for starting school)
- Thorough physical exams of all body systems
- Time for questions and answers involving any concerns you might have
Annual Well-Teen Exam
Teenagers need check-ups too! Navigating health concerns during our teenage and early adult years can be hazardous. That’s why we see patients until age 21. Let us help you with changes and difficulties your teens will face in middle school, high school and beyond. Prima Pediatrics is a safe place where your teens can voice their concerns with confidentiality. Your teen’s annual check-up may include:
- Growth and weight monitoring
- Questions and encouragement about diet, exercise and weight loss where necessary
- Screening and support for common adolescent health concerns like acne, depression, bullying, negative body image, smoking, drugs or alcohol, and safe sexual health practices
- Immunizations for HPV and Meningitis and regular boosters
- Blood work where necessary (CBC, thyroid, cholesterol, blood glucose, etc.)
- Thorough physical exams – including sports, boy scouts, new job, DMV or other physicals as required